Tonight at Noisebridge, our lightning talk event, 5 Minutes of Fame! I’ll be speaking at 5MoF about Bad Inventions, going back over at least 20 years of my own horrible inventions, some of which came to fruition and some which have not (YET).
As if you needed ANY reminder, Five Minutes of Fame is Noisebridge’s ADD
show-and-tell, squashing octets of human awesomeness into an hour like
booleans in a packed byte.
This week’s seasonal supercompression will include, among others, barring ill fortune, but by no means limited to the following:
* The Internet’S IO9.COM’S ANNALEE NEWITZ on how to apocalypse-proof your city
* Roving cartographer and open wireless fiend SCHUYLER ERLE on galactic empire
* The Center for Applied Rationality’s JULIA GALEF
* The Amazing Inventions of LIZ HENRY
* The Battle for OMNIPOTENCE. Who will win? WOOL, MUSHROOMS, or HEMP?
Join us as we untar the future! Pkunzip the past! Huffman decode your mind!
Thurs, Dec 20, 8PM, Noisebridge, 2169 Mission St, SF, CA, Earth Prime
You can submit talks through the wiki page for future events or MAYBE even for tonight’s talks.